Saturday, July 12, 2014

I'm BACK!

Wow, it's been a while since the last time I posted a blog here, nearly 18 months already I bet.
I just want to recap some moments that highlights the past-18-month.

My modest 24th birthday celebration

Mom and Dad
Eid in Hamilton
Ipoo and I keep in touch through skype 
  • 22 February 2013, I celebrated my 24th birthday in New Zealand, while my twin sister celebrated hers in the US. This was the second year of my being older than my twin sister for several hours. 
  • 12 May 2013 was my mom's 61st birthday, a mellow day, crying a lot when my twin sister and I shared our memories about mommy. 
  • 23 May 2013 was my dad's 64th birthday. If I'm not mistaken, I called my dad on that day, but my dad was busy as usual, so it was a short talk only.
  • 10 August 2013, I celebrated Eidul Fitr in Hamilton. It was busiest Eid ever in my life. After Eid prayer, I was rushing up going back to my class to do my presentation. After the class, my friends and I visited several houses and got to eat nice Indonesian foods. :D And then I went to work at nite. Working and doing presentation was the thing that would never happen in Eid day celebration in Indonesia. Well, I call this as the busiest Eid ever in my live. 
  • 11 August 2013, was my boyfriend's birthday (he is now my husband :D). I hardly able to contact him on that day. He was busy visiting his family. 
  • November 1, 2013, I finished my first year at University of Waikato
  • November 10, 2013, my boyfriend formally proposed to marry me. :D
  • November 28 - December 5, 2013, my twin sister and I started a leadership program that we initiated in Ambon, Indonesia. 
  • December 27, 2013, I got married to Arif Zuhdi. 
  • December 28, 2013, we had our wedding reception at my hometown. 
  • January 5, 2014, we had our wedding reception at my husband's hometown.
  • January 7, 2014, my husband and I had our honeymoon to Singapore and KL. 
  • January 30, 2014, I was heading back to NZ to continue my study, while my husband got back to work in Kalimantan. 
  • February 14, we started planning my husband's visit to NZ. 
  • Februrary 22, 2014, I celebrated my 25th birthday without my husband. I decided to start wearing hijab on this date. Bismillah, may Allah help me to be consistent with my hijab outfits. 
  • March 5, 2014, my second year at Waikato University started off, and the busy life began. In semester A, I got four papers, exceeding 15 points. The assignments had been driving me so busy, I hardly able to hang out with friends on weekends because of the assignments. Alhamdulillah, the semester ended by the end of June 2014. I got three weeks holiday. I was pretty much staying at home, really enjoying such rare moments of relaxing myself. 
  • June and July 2014, it was the second time for me to vote while I'm abroad. Not as much I could say there was no TPS, no purple ink, no selfie with my husband after voting. I voted in my bedroom, the vote letter was sent to my house. 
  • This monday, the semester B is ready to kick off. I feel like writing some posts during my holiday, but I was too occupied with several Korean dramas. Hopefully, I'll be able to write a bit more about those events later. 



3 comments:

  1. Wow. Keren! Sangat detail. Moments to be treasured, emang mesti dicatat :) Aq jadi terinspirasi juga untuk buat kaleidoskop aku. :) Maacih udah share sayang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mba Rini, its me Asep Haryono Pontianak. COngratulations for your wedding ya Hieiehiehiee I am pleased to hear that wonderful news. Desember lalu ya acaranya? Semoga menjadi Keluara yang Sakinah, Mawahdah dan Warohmah ya. Salam kami sekeluarga di Pontianak. Kalimantan Barat. Indonesia. Kalau bisa kontek WA dan BB silahkan ya. (Asep Haryono - @Dian Mayasari : Oh ya kah? Alhamdulillah. Sukur deh kalau sudahh sip. Selamat buat mba Rini dan Mas Arif Zuhdi. COngatulations to them. Iya belum tau kabarnya Tau tau juga dari blognya mba Dian aja heihehiehiee. Insya Allah saya akan segera meluncur ke Blogya mba Rini dan Faceboknya Mas Zuhdi. Keep up the good work ya. Kalau sempat add WA dan PIN BB aku ya Hieiheihehiehiehiehieie. (Asep Haryono - WA : 08977749155 | PIN : 7DD940F1 ))

    ReplyDelete